Workshops & Classes
At Cherry Pie Bernina we offer a number of basic classes on a regular basis and other tutored classes from time to time.
We have a special Christmas project programme and other special events including Bernina Club.
Bernina Club is open to anyone not just those who operate a Bernina Sewing Machine.
Currently our most popular class is our 5 week overlocking course followed closely by our new beginners patchwork class.
To ensure our classes run well we do have some conditions and these are published below for your information.
Cherry Pie Classes
- The cost of the class covers tuition only unless otherwise stated.
- At times there may be an additional pattern or materials fee this will be stated on the class and the needs list.
- Classes are held at Cherry Pie Bernina 204 Oxford Street Levin in the class room unless otherwise stated on the class enrollment form.
- We ask for Cherry Pie run classes to be paid a minimum of one week ahead. If you pay for the whole course there is a discount.
- If the class is cancelled by Cherry Pie Bernina you will receive a full refund. If a tutor is unable to attend a class or changes a class the students will still receive the same number of lessons as booked for
- It is your responsibility to attend all the classes. If a class is missed there may be no opportunity to have an extra lesson
- If booking for a class with a guest tutor the full class fee is payable when booking. If cancelling less than 3 weeks before the class there will be a 50% refund unless you find a replacement person.
- It is your responsibility to attend all the classes…if a class is missed there may be no opportunity to have an extra lesson as classes run back to back. If a tutor is unable to attend a class or changes a class the students will still receive the same number of lessons as booked for.
- When signing up to one of our classes you accept the terms and conditions as stated on this page.
- Please ensure that the form attached is completed and returned with your deposit by post/fax/email/or in person.
- Enrollments made by phone/fax/email will only be accepted if payment is made by credit card.
- Full payment must be made with 14 days of the commencement of the class to guarantee your place in a class.
- Class numbers are restricted so early enrollments are advisable.
Class Pre-Requisites / Using Your Machine
- During classes it is important that you know how to use your machine. If you are a new sewer or returning sewer and have not used a machine before or for many years it is important to have a lesson on your machine before starting a class.
- Classes are for teaching you how to sew/patchwork not how to operate your machine. We provide a class for you to learn to use your machine. These are limited to four and cost $15 for 1 hour or alternatively you can book an individual, 40 - 60 minute, one-on-one lesson with a tutor, cost $35. You must bring your machine, manual and all accessories with you. Any brand of machine eligible for the classes.